A DUI charge is a serious charge that can result in devastating and life-altering consequences including jail time, having a permanent criminal record, and difficulty finding employment or housing.
The good news? While serious, a DUI charge doesn’t have to be as hopeless as you may think, especially if you hire an experienced, knowledgeable DUI attorney. These are the most important reasons why hiring a good DUI lawyer is imperative…
- A DUI conviction will stay on your record for 75 years in Florida.
- Depending on if this is your first DUI and/or the severity, with a DUI on your record, you may be dropped by your existing car insurance or see premiums raised significantly.
- You get what you pay for. While you could choose the help of a public defender, many are too overwhelmed to fully focus on the specifics of your case. Don’t attempt to represent yourself. Here’s what to expect skilled DUI representation to cost you.
- Stop the search for the ‘best DUI lawyer’. You need help now as there is a very limited window to get your license back.
A DUI Puts Your Future at Stake.
One of the scariest parts of getting a DUI is the long-term implications and rightly so. Because in the state of Florida, once a DUI is on your record, it cannot be removed.
This can result in the following:
- Difficulty finding employment or housing *On all job and housing applications, you must report any criminal convictions.
- Expensive legal fees
- Inability to find car insurance *Depending on if this is your first DUI and/or the severity, you may be dropped by your existing car insurance company or see your rates raised significantly for a long time.
- Suspension of your driver’s license
When you hire a good DUI lawyer, like the experienced ones at Stechschulte Nell, to represent you will have top-rated DUI defense attorneys on your side. Call 813-280-1244 for a FREE case review.
Related > DUI Penalties
You Are Unfamiliar With The Legal System.
Attorneys spend years understanding the complex and ever-changing legal system. The reason why some lawyers are better than others…knowledge, experience, and staying up-to-date on changes in state law and new cases that could affect your outcome at trial. As a former Prosecutor and Board-Certified Trial Attorney, Ben Stechschulte has the experience needed to help your case.
Our legal team is well-versed with the DUI process beginning with the arraignment. From there, we can interpret the police report, your statements, assess and fight any blood, urine, or breath test results. We will advise you on how to plead and whether the police report should be contested.
Keep in mind that without a good DUI lawyer, you may pay higher bail and/or be subject to pre-trial supervision, alcohol monitoring, and other conditions that could have otherwise been waived.
Worried you can’t afford a reputable DUI defense attorney? You absolutely can. At Stechschulte Nell, Ben and Amy care about you and your future. We understand you didn’t budget to get arrested and offer convenient payment plans including those for Tampa’s RIDR program.
Related > DUI Myths & Realities
You are Just a Number With a Public Defender.
While there are many reputable and hardworking public defenders, the reality is that most are overloaded with DUI cases. Because of this, they may not be able to fully invest the time and energy needed to properly defend your case. When it comes to a DUI charge, doing extra research can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Stop the search for a ‘top-rated DUI lawyer’. If you or a loved one has been arrested for a DUI, you need help now. You have a limited amount of time to get your license back and appropriately fight the charges. Contact Stechschulte Nell law for a free case review.
Related > Tampa’s DUI Problem
Things Can Get Complicated with the DMV.
When you are arrested for DUI, you aren’t just dealing with the legal system. You are also dealing with the DMV who will suspend your license.
This is important: only a private DUI lawyer can help with civil license suspension issues. If you choose to contest your DMV license suspension, there is a limited time to refute the charges.
At Stechschulte Nell law, we will quickly file a petition on your behalf so you can get your license back.
Charged with DUI? Call Stechschulte Nell
Remember a DUI conviction will stay on your record for 75 years – even if it’s your first offense. If you have been charged with a DUI, schedule a free consultation with Stechschulte Nell in Tampa, FL immediately.
Our Florida board-certified lawyer sees you as a person, not as a criminal. We understand that mistakes happen, and we will be by your side the entire time. Call 813-280-1244 for a free case review.